Thursday, May 19, 2005

Three-quarters and one-fourth people


I found this cute baby this morning while working online and thought, "Wow. She kinda looks like Cora." Sure enough, this kid's father is Korean and her mother is of mixed heritage, Japanese and American. My father is ethnically Chinese and my mother American, while my wife is Chinese Malaysian. Maybe I should chronicle all the three-quarters and one-fourth Asian people on this blog. I can already think of our family friend Sandy, who is Vietnamese and has a French grandfather, and Bruce Lee (Li Xiaolong), whose mother's father was German. I also know a family in Seattle whose mother is half-Japanese.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey TS,

I just read your comment on my blog, and I just wanted to thank you for sharing, and giving me something to think about.

It's nice to be reminded that there are many other people out there who can help me find the answers to my questions.