Thursday, February 15, 2007

Sam Brownback in 2008

I listened to an interview of Kansas Sen. Sam Brownback on NPR almost half a year ago, and it's stuck with me. Later on, I heard his name again through the ONE.org campaign because he sponsored a debt-relief bill in Congress. And with all this talk about this and that person joining the 2008 presidential race, I was glad to hear Brownback has also announced his candidacy.

His website says The Economist labeled him "the Wilberforce Republican," in reference to William Wilberforce, the born-again Christian parliamentarian that was key to ending the slave trade in Britain. (I recently read Wilberforce's biography and look forward to the movie about his life due in theaters soon.)

Anyway, I just wanted to do my part in supporting this guy. I really am glad to have found a candidate whose policy views I can fully support. I believe Brownback is a "compassionate conservative" in the truest sense. If you find such a candidate similarly inspiring, then please pass the word, especially via blog.

Brownback's candidacy announcement:

2 comments:

Billy Valentine said...

Thank you for your support!!!

Brian Vinson said...

Finally someone I might be able to get excited about...