Sunday, June 04, 2006

I wish I had a million years to blog

Whenever I have to say good-bye to some dear brothers or sisters in the Lord, I always remind them and myself that we will have a million years to hang out in heaven. I wish that were the case with blogging, but I don't know if heaven has Internet access.

The past couple weeks have been filled with excuses not to blog, not the least of which is only being able to spend an hour with my daughter most days of the week. Besides that, last week I forgot my laptop at church and haven't been able to connect at home recently.

There are other reasons not to blog as well ... my new job will eventually involve working from home several days a week and I don't want to spend that time doing something I'm not sanctioned to, if you know what I mean. Best thing to do, I think, is to limit myself. Blogging is still a wonderful thing that I enjoy. I definitely still intend to post on my blog and read those on my blogroll regularly.

About my job, the short story is that I got this job in response to some "test" God gave me. I had sent in only this one resume in the past three months and didn't hear back about it for two months. What made the difference? My active faith in the principle of "sowing and reaping." I know those are buzz words for prosperity gospelers, but I think one can accept the principle without losing balance. "Sowing and reaping" simply means that God gives to us so that we can give to others, but the condition is that we need to give first. If you look throughout the Bible, people give--despite their own need--before they get back. Just one example is the widow who fed Elijah during the famine. Anyway, I made a similar decision to help someone who had a greater need than my own and received a call about my resume the next week. Of course, one could say it was simply coincidence, but far be it from me to despise the grace of God in that way!

I'm really excited about my new job, which I will start this Thursday. I'll be a writer with a marketing communication firm that caters to Seattle-area technology companies. They write marketing-related material like case studies, white papers, brochures, and web content. Wish me luck!

No comments: