Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Chinese views on intelligent design


A Shanghainese blogger I read from time to time, Bingfeng, posted recently about a Sina.com poll on intelligent design. According to the poll, 53 percent of the respondents believe in traditional evolution while 35 percent believe there is a Designer. Forty-seven percent of respondents say there are scientific evidences for intelligent design, while 38 percent say there is no evidence at all. Finally, 55 percent of those surveyed said intelligent design is simply another form of creationism while 27 percent believe intelligent design is distinct.

I was interested to find out the poll results. Sina.com is sort of like Yahoo and supposedly very popular in mainland China, but I also know lots of Chinese outside of China use that site. (Credits: My wife translated for this post.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good gravy! You coulda spared me the graphics. Whew!

Well, I'm not surprised. It's not as if the Chinese gov't has gone to any trouble to present all sides.

A great book on ID is "Of Pandas and People", BTW.

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Patty's Day, TS!